Halloween's Beginnings and Is it a Pagan Ritual?
Over the years I have met several people that felt Halloween was a cult holiday when it isn't. The wearing of costumes in fact were playfully worn for those wanting to fool the spirits into believing the costume wearer was one of them so they might travel outside of their house.
However, those that wish to believe Halloween is a pagan holiday are free to do so of course.
No costume you can wear on the out side can make you evil only the heart and spirit of someone decides who we really are inside. With that being said here are some safety tips for you and your children on Halloween...
Tips for the kids:
- Wear light colors carry a flashlight
- Make sure your vision is completely free
- Make sure you do-not eat candy before mom and dad can check it.
- Do not go up to a house that has no porch light burning.
- Be aware of your surrounding at all times
- Do-Not trick or treat alone.
- Go to the internet or your local police departments and check on any sexual offenders in your area.
- Anytime you are out and about also be aware of the surroundings watch out for all the other children as you go, so you can help all children get home safely.
- When you are driving be watchful for little gobblins.
- Make sure any costume you get is flame retardant or even better fire poof.
- If your children are old enough to go out alone make sure they have a cell phone.
- If you should find a sexual offender lives close make sure your child knows where to NOT go.